Annual Ukrainian Outsourcing Forum `2007 was held in
Kiev at the International Exhibition Centre on November 1-2, 2007
Outsourcing services gain more and more popularity on the markets of developed countries. Only recently outsourcing has caused apprehension and offshore outsourcing services were utilized by either large companies or professionals in the area. Now this is a common business practice. In 2007 IDC research company is anticipating rapid growth of small and medium business influence on expansion of existing IT market segments and creation of new ones. Overall changes occurring on the global IT market require corrections in business-models of outsourcing services provision.
The Forum objectives were boosting software development and outsourcing services market, discussion of global trends in IT markets, and addressing current issues in the outsourcing area.
UOF ‘2007 Goals and Objective
- Presentation of IT outsourcing services potential of Ukraine and other Eastern European countries.
- Attraction of new customers for outsourcing services.
- Organization of B2B meetings between the Forum participants.
- Discussion of issues in development of IT industry and outsourcing.
- Presentation of «Ukrainian IT Outsourcing Research 2007»
UOF ‘2007 Subjects
- Cultural specifics of marketing on different markets.
- Peculiarities in collaboration with SMB (small and medium-sized businesses).
- How to turn cultural and geographical proximity to the Europe into an advantage?
Ukrainian regional Software Development centers.
- Regional Software Development centers presentation.
- Software Development business in Ukraine.
- Development potential of the regions.
IT professionals market. Search. Training. Education.
- Current status and trends of the IT labor market.
- Personnel training: educational programmes, IT training centers.
- Regional specifics.
BPO in Ukraine
- Call-centers – BPO segment leader.
- Job for Europe – data input and bills processing.
- Other types of outsourcing.
The Forum Format
The conference was structured by sections with dedicated subjects:
- Global marketing.
- Ukrainian regional Software Development centers.
- IT professionals market. Search. Training. Education.
- The best outsourcing solutions.
The Forum offered an exhibition of the leading Eastern European IT outsourcing companies.
Ukrainian IT Matchmaking Event '2007 (B2B meetings)
Within the Forum there was held the «Ukrainian IT Matchmaking Event '2007» where participants had an opportunity to meet future partners, hold business meetings and present their companies. On-line scheduling system allowed studying the Forum participants’ profiles in advance and organize meetings preliminarily.
During the Forum well-known experts led the following round-table discussions:
- “UKRAINE, THE IT-FIRST NATION” programme development”. The subject of this round-table discussion is a programme of Ukrainian Software Development industry expansion.
- “Ecosystem of Software Development industry.” This round-table discussion dealt with the issues of training the Software industry personnel.
Within the Forum the participants were invited for a sightseeing tour of Kiev including visits of the most famous city sights.
Among the Forum participants there were noted experts in outsourcing, representatives of the leading companies from the Eastern Europe, the European Union and the USA and which were interested in developing their business in the Eastern European countries, as well as representatives of the national IT Associations and local state authorities.